Friday, March 2, 2012

The Tragic Loss of an Irreplacable Force: RIP Andrew Breitbart - 1969-2012

While at work this morning, I was met by the shocking, tragic news that Andrew Breitbart, at just 43 years of age, collapsed and died while out walking near his California home late last evening.  In this world of instant internet news that Breitbart helped create, I am admittedly late to pay my respects. I don't know what I could say that has not already been said by all those who worked with him, knew him, loved, him, and were inspired by him (count me among the latter):  

From one of his many websites: In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012).
 
Tucker Carlson's remembrance of a "loyal friend" and "great guy."
 
 
 
Rush Limbaugh remembers Breitbart as a "bulldog for the conservative cause."
 
An interview with the man Breitbart spent his last hours with.
 
Jonah Goldberg:  Andrew RIP.
 
 
A tribute made by Rep. Louie Gohmert on the House floor.
 
In his Farewell to a Friend, Matt Welch observes that "The next Breitbart-hater to match his entrepreneurial esprit-de-corps will be the first."
 
And finally, I will end with this: Andrew Breitbart's call to arms at CPAC last month.  It is all the more important that we answer that call, now that he is gone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment