Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Path to Prosperity?

Yesterday, for the second year in a row, Republican Congressman Paul Ryan revealed a credibleserious plan to tackle the impending debt crisis (something Obama and the Democrats do not even claim to have done).

thumbnail

Watching him in the below video actually depresses me because I realize we don't have a presidential candidate who is, like him, willing to honestly and coherently speak to the American people about the choice we face.


All that said, my first reaction upon reviewing the plan is that it still does not go far enough, fast enough.  It appears the Vodkapundit, Steven Green, had a similar reaction, so I will let him do the hard work and simply refer to his post.  Still, I think it says a lot about our political class when the boldest man in Washington is still nowhere near bold enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment