Monday, May 21, 2012

Obama Surrogate Describes Anti-Romney Ad As "Nauseating"

Newark Mayor Cory Booker on Meet the Press:
"I have to just say from a very personal level, I'm not about to sit here and indict private equity," Booker said, referring to the Obama ad which spotlighted the story of a Kansas City steel company that went bankrupt after Bain Capital's involvement.
"If you look at the totality of Bain Capital's record, they've done a lot to support businesses, to grow businesses," he added. "And this, to me, I'm very uncomfortable with."
Booker tied the choices he faced as mayor to those faced by companies Bain dealt with.
"This is not about what happened at Bain Capital. Heck, I've reduced the employees in my city 25 percent because it's the only way my government would survive. Call me a job-cutter, if you want," he said.
Then there is also the fact that Romney had already left Bain by the time of the events involving that steel company.

No comments:

Post a Comment