Thursday, May 3, 2012

Obama Killed Bin Laden With His Bare Hands

You couldn't be faulted for thinking so anwyay, if you only heard Obama tell it.

Patterico points us to a recent WSJ article, by Michael Mukasey, in which he notes how Obama announced bin Laden's killing to America last year:
“I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority . . . even as I continued our broader effort. . . . Then, after years of painstaking work by my intelligence community I was briefed . . . I met repeatedly with my national security team . . . And finally last week I determined that I had enough intelligence to take action. . . . Today, at my direction . . .”
Mukasey then contrasts that announcement of national triumph with those of Presidents past, including George W. Bush, who described the capture of Saddam Hussein as:
"a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq.” He attributed it to “the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the dictator’s footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers. . . . Their work continues, and so do the risks."  
He did mention himself at the end: “Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.”
And if it is still necessary to drive the point home, then there is this:


No comments:

Post a Comment